Cathay United Bank has more than 80 ATMs that provide 24 hours of banking convenience to our customers. With user friendly graphic screens and easy to follow instructions in a choice of English, Chinese and Khmer, it makes ATM Banking with Cathay United Bank a smooth experience. Our ATMs are simple to use and accept your Cathay United Bank Visa Debit/ATM Card, Cathay United Bank Visa Credit Card, Cathay United Bank MasterCard Credit Card as well as Diners Club Card, MasterCard and Visa Card as issued by other banks from around the world.
Cathay United Bank is the first financial institution in Asia Pacific to certify and implement EMV security standards using Diebold Opteva ATMs to protect its ATM users from potential ATM compromise. With this step, Cathay United Bank, Cambodia's foremost card industry player, has been supporting the issuing and acquiring of EMV Visa cards since as early as 2003, and is once again underscoring its innovative leading role in the local card-supported payment industry.
EasyCash is an unified domestic ATM network started by Cathay United Bank, Cambodia Mekong Bank, Canadia Bank and Union Commercial Bank in 2008. The aim of the EasyCash network is to make life easier for Cambodians to perform basic banking services such as balance inquiries and cash withdrawal at any of the EasyCash network ATM around the country. Till date, this is the only ATM network in the country to give customers the flexibility of accessing their accounts from any of the EasyCash network ATMs and bank customers are no longer limited to using ATMs from a single bank.
Over the years, more banks have joined the EasyCash network to include Cambodia Public Bank, Foreign Trade Bank and Cambodia Asia Bank as members. As of May 2012, customers will now find convenient access to over 70 ATMs around the nation from which they can draw upon their funds and manage their personal finances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
PIN is the numeric password for use at the ATM. The PIN is provided to you in a PIN mailer when we issued you the Cathay United Bank Visa Debit/ATM Card. We strongly encourage you to change to a new PIN on your first use instead of using the default PIN. The PIN number should not be written on the card or written and keep it with the card as this will prevent misused of your card if it is lost or stolen.
- What should I do if my card is retained by the ATM?
You should contact us @ 023 - 88 55 00 to request for retrieval of your card.
- What should I do if I forget my Cathay United Bank Visa Debit/ATM Card PIN?
Contact our Customer Service Hotline @ 023 – 88 55 00 or visit our nearest branch to request for a new PIN.
- What are the fees to use Cathay United Bank ATM?
If you are a Cathay United Bank customer using Cathay United Bank Visa Debit/ATM Card, it's free to use Cathay United Bank ATM. To use ATM from the EasyCash Network, a fee of USD0.50 will be chargeable for cash withdrawal transaction and USD0.20 for balance inquiry. For access to Visa ATMs domestically/internationally (i.e. any other ATM outside the Cathay United Bank and EasyCash network), a fee plus surcharge will be assessed by the bank that own the ATM.
- What is the daily withdrawal limit on my Cathay United Bank Visa Debit/ATM Card?
Depending on the type of card, you may withdraw up to USD 800 cash per day with your Cathay United Bank Visa Classic Debit/ATM card and USD 2000 cash per day with your Cathay United Bank Visa Platinum Debit/ATM Card.
- Can Cathay United Bank Visa Debit/ATM Card be used at any other banks' ATMs in Cambodia as well as overseas?
At Any of Our Branches
All our ATMs are installed with Card Security Device to prevent fraudsters from placing skimming device over the ATM card slot. This is our commitment to reinforce ATM security to protect our customers from exposure to financial crime.
When you are using ATM to make your transaction, do keep a look out for any objects attached to the ATM card slot or any other part of the ATM that make its appearance or operation to be unusual. If you find any unusual objects on our ATMs or your card retained for no good reason then call us immediately @ 023 - 88 55 00.
Choosing an ATM
- Where possible, use ATMs with which you are most familiar. Alternatively, choose well-lit, well-placed ATMs where you feel comfortable
- Avoid opening your purse, bag or wallet while in the queue for the ATM. Have your card ready in your hand before you approach the ATM
- Notice if anything looks unusual or suspicious about the ATM indicating it might have been altered. If the ATM appears to have any attachments to the card slot or key pad, do not use it. Check for unusual instructions on the display screen and for suspicious blank screens. If you suspect that the ATM has been interfered with, proceed to another ATM and inform our Bank.
- Avoid ATMs which have messages or signs fixed to them indicating that the screen directions have been changed, especially if the message is posted over the card reader. Banks and other ATM owners will not put up messages directing you to specific ATMs, nor would they direct you to use an ATM which has been altered.
Using an ATM
- Be especially cautious when strangers offer to help you at an ATM, even if your card is stuck or you are experiencing difficulty with the transaction.
- You should not allow anyone to distract you while you are at the ATM.
- Check that other individuals in the queue keep an acceptable distance from you. Be on the look-out for individuals who might be watching you enter your PIN.
- Stand close to the ATM and shield the keypad with your hand when keying in your PIN.
- Follow the instructions on the display screen, e.g. do not key in your PIN until the ATM requests you to do so.
- If you feel the ATM is not working normally, press the Cancel key and withdraw your card and then proceed to another ATM, reporting the matter to our Bank.
- Never force your card into the card slot.
- Keep your printed transaction record so that you can compare your ATM receipts with your monthly statement.
- If your card gets jammed, retained or lost, or if you are interfered with at an ATM, report this immediately to our Bank and/or police.
- Do not be in a hurry during the transaction, and carefully secure your card & cash in your wallet, handbag or pocket before leaving the ATM.
Managing Your ATM Use
- Memorize your PIN and if you must write it down, do so in a disguised manner and never carry the PIN with your card.
- NEVER disclose your PIN to anyone, whether to family member, friends or our Bank staff.
- Do not use obvious and guessable numbers for your PIN such as your date of birth.
- Change your PIN periodically, and, if you think it may have been compromised, change it immediately.
- Regularly check your account balance and bank statements and report any discrepancies to your bank immediately.